Monday, December 16, 2013

Dream.


As I step into the reality, I feel I have lost a lifetime. I pause. I take it in. I take the surroundings in. I take every detail in. Why am I doing this? What is its purpose? I have no idea. I just know that this "reality" is too good to be true. If it isn't I want to remember this, for ever. I sink in the detail and the splendidness of what surrounds me. You want to know, don't you? I wish I could explain, I wish I could put words to the sheer awesomeness, I just wish I could make this a ever lasting memory. 

I pause again. I try to stop the train of thoughts that rush my mind, urging to come out in the form of writings or verbal articulation. But alas, I could do neither. Its' distracting. As the amount of thoughts that try to explain the surreal existence is just too much to figure out what is what and which is which. I sound confusing, don't I. I could reciprocate your feeling, but only if you reciprocate what I am seeing, I am sure you would feel the same. 

The time ticked off. It has been a lifetime, not really. But it does feel like a lifetime. I see myself aged, but not. That's how long you could stand and divulge in the beauty. That's how long anyone would accompany me. What is it, you ask? You enthusiasm is killing you, is it not? What is it that I am profoundly speaking of? If I could put it in a simple term, I could call it a "Dream".  


______________________________________________


This post is written for Write Tribe's Festival of words 2 Day-7 prompt 'Dream' as a part of "The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013".

16 comments:

  1. Well described. A dream is indeed a reality we would want to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautifully described. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *claps* (still waiting for that challenge you accepted)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At times we wish our dreams to be real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I wish that all the time except for the scary and dangerous ones. :P

      Delete
  5. Cool post and a cool pic! Loved the pic, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. :)

    Actually I wrote this for a contest. So got that pic from there only. Check the link at the bottom of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the romantic and vagabond post:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written sir!
    Took me into my dreaming-with-eyes-open-in-the-middle-of-the-night-mode (I couldn't use day-dreaming due to the timing :P)

    You know I get so lost in my own world that sometimes I wish I'd be left in peace in my kingdom of dreams. Reality ever so frequently becomes a... ok, excuse the crass language, but well a pain in the ass and it's then that the urge to escape gets on your head, you'd give everything to just turn off reality and get lost in your own dreams.

    But well, reality is inevitable, no matter how much you want to or try to, you gotta open your eyes sometime... *sigh* *dukh ke 101 aansu*

    P.S. Don't blame me, your words took me into you-know-what mode that results in word-rain :P
    P.P.S. You asked this the last time too, it was just pun I guess :P But I do idiotically lame weirdly stupid stuff like using "101 aansu" :D Things would be so boring if you didn't add a bit of absurdity frequently, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ma'am. :D

      I think everyone escapes into another world because reality as you say becomes a pain in the ass.

      Not blaming you at all. I am glad it turned out into a word rain.
      Haha, I was just kidding. And yeah, things would be boring without a little absurdity.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |