Friday, August 24, 2012

The Other's Perspective.

Other's Perspective - The Feedback.

A session at training was about what you like and don't like in others and this time its the class members. Everyone was excited and wanted to write whatever they had in mind about other people. The Business Skill (BizSkill) Faculty mentioned about the openness to feedback before letting us know about the activity. Feedbacks are for the improving self and they should be taken in a positive sense. Though the fact that people would hate to change themselves because of the little inhibitions they are so obliged to, but it is not what the others like about that person. Change is good. Feedbacks are the chance to know what other people think about you which one doesn't know about themselves. May be we think we have some kind of impression on others , which is totally self assessed. Our behavioural traits are some which encapsulates to think what others might be thinking of us. But the thinking is different for each person and the impression that others make have varied responses depending on the person. 

Coming to the activity at hand, a page having their own name was to be passed around the class and each one had to give their opinion - the good things and the other things which are to be improved marked by a Happy Smiley  [ :) ] and the latter with a sad smiley [ :( ] . I was expecting an empty page to be returned to me. And if it wasn't empty, I knew what they were going to write in the :( section which would be advicing me to talk more often. But, after getting back the whole paper back which was surprisingly full, I had to reconsider what I had been thinking about the impression what others have. Like I mentioned in the earlier para about the change of opinions / impressions between self and the other people. So, now I would present you the whole new Perspective of what other's think about me. Lets start with the easy part which is [ :( ] .

[ :( ] - The Not-So-Good-Things-In-MeTo be improved
  1. Less Talkative
  2. Be confident wile presenting.
  3. U talk less.
  4. May be you can open up a but more with people, with girls especially.
  5. Always silent.
  6. Ur not interactive even to 30% .When we ask something, will behave like why you are asking me.
  7. Be more Interactive.
  8. Is not very interactive. Speaks only when probed.
  9. Be active always. People like to talk to you. 
  10. Talk to people. You really talk good, if you talk.
  11. Silent Killer. Need more interactiveness.
  12. Be active and go for punch dialogues on everyone as you are doing it on Ramana, right now. ;) :D
  13. Keep adding smilies. :)
  14. Be interactive yaar. We are missing your rocking friendship. Just keep rocking.
  15. Try to interactive with gals.
  16. Try to open your mouth.
  17. Better interactive with everyone.
  18. Don't be Silent in the class and be interactive.
  19. Be talkative.
  20. Speak more, at least in presentations. (that is the only thing, stopping you from being Mr.Perfect).
  21. I like you as you are that why we are best pals.
  22. Plz Plz try to speak with all (mingle with others).
  23. Try to talk with friends.
  24. Talk and interact with everyone.
  25. Be interactive.
  26. Be more interactive.
  27. Please talk and mingle with all.
The Response.

Most of the people want me to be more interactive. And most of the people want me to talk more rather than staying silent. Some want me to talk to girls. Starting with the talking part, I talk a lot, and people have no idea how crazy I get. Ask my batchmate(s) who site beside me on both sides. They will tell you about the real me, not known to most people. And the other people don't know because I don' interact. Now, my inhibition on such a situation at hand, it may sound stupid but I really can't help. I really want to talk to people most of the time. Once I get to know the person well, there is no stopping me. My batch mate often comments - Who said that AJ never talks, now he is just killing (likewise) with his counters. I just need to get to know a person a little well enough that they won't take seriously when I joke. So, as I was saying my inhibition when it comes to the rest, the question in my brain that floats around is What will the other person think ? The thing that the other person doesn't think at all or doesn't mind doesn't get through my mind. And I am stuck at the single notion that they won't be taking in the right way. Coming to girls, I just don't take a chance because its better to be a unknown fool than be a known fool. And the same questions pester my mind which hold me back. The second in my list is the facial expressions. I don't know how but I feel that the other person is not interested by looking at them while talking. And why would I take such a risk when I can sit at the corner and do whatever I want to do.

But Thanks a lot. I seriously need to improve that, I mean like damn seriously. Now, individually...

2. I am trying to, but I fail all the time. :sadface
4. I will try to, thanks. But.... hmm.. yeah will try. I can be good at talking online, you know like chatting. Not enough ? 
6. I am sorry about that percentage of people I am interactive. And I am really sorry that I behave like that. Thanks for letting me know. Do I really do like that,..well whatever thanks for bringing that up.
8. At least I talk when probed, right ? Thats' good, right?  No?
9. 'People like to talk to me'. I am surprised. Thanks for letting me know. Will improve myself.
10. I will. And am I good when I talk ? I don't know. But hey, thanks. Will do my best, or will try to.
11. Silent Killer ! I see. 
12. Sure thing, bro.
13. Another sure thing, bro. Will try to. :)
14. I will try to be. You miss that ? Damn! I never realized that. Sorry. Will work on myself to improve.
20. The Mr. Perfect name is used as a Sarcasm. It is not true. What me? Mr. Perfect? All the remaining boys would kill themselves. #Kidding
21. Thanks man, I appreciate your friendship. 
22. Will try to . 

The remianing people want me to talk more and be more interactive and also mingle with all. Thanks for letting me know what you think about me and I will try to improve myself upon it. 
_________________________________________


[ :) ] : What People Like In Me.

  1. Good attitude ad I like the way you are.
  2. Thought you wont migle but you came out of that zone.
  3. Very Silent.
  4. I started folowing your blog, 'shadows' & it is impressive that you handle both blogging & photography with perfection!
  5. Good photography, friendly.
  6. I like your photography skills.
  7. Good in nature. 
  8. Good atured, taleted Photographer.
  9. Nice airstyle & smile. You always smile.
  10. Mr. Perfect.
  11. Good in work and thinking.
  12. Good handskills.
  13. Mr. Pefectionist/ Photographer.
  14. Smart and Good - Mr. Perfect.
  15. Smart and really you're Mr. Perfect.
  16. You are something special.
  17. Your photography is 5/5 rating.
  18. Good Friend.
  19. Perfect and Good guy.
  20. Creative, Genius, Good, Simple, Stylish.
  21. Smartass, friendly, best pal, chroic blogger
  22. Friendly, calm.
  23. Friendly, very very calm.
  24. Very Calm
  25. Mr.Perfect.
  26. Mr.Perfect
  27. Silent.
  28. Very good at photography.
  29. Cool and calm.
The Response

  1. I have attitude? I never knew that. What I knew was that I had attitude which is not good, so I stopped calling it attitude.
  2. Thanks, I guess.
  3. hmm,...
  4. Wait? What ? No. You don't want to start forgetting what you know, do you ? My blog is about the daily chores and all that stuff about people. And thanks, I am good at those two things only. And if you are following seriously, lemme know.
  5. Thanks.
  6. Thanks again.
  7. Thanks.
  8. Thanks.
  9. My Hairstyle? Thanks. And I don't think I have a good smile. I always smile ? I do that?Damn! I don't about myself. And thanks, again.
  10. You don't mean it, do you? Come on, me? Mr.Perfect ? But hey, thanks. 
  11. Thanks.
  12. Thanks.
  13. Mr.Perfectionist ! OMG ! But thanks.
  14. Smart ? Am I ? But, Thanks.
  15. Thanks.
  16. Who wrote this? I am something special ? To whom actually. Please enlighten me and put me out of this question box.
  17. Thanks. 5/5? Thats more than I deserve.
  18. Thanks.
  19. Perfect? I seriously doubt that. But, thanks.
  20. Creative ? Genius ? Stylish ? I doubt. I doubt. I doubt. But, if you think thats what I am, well Thanks. :)
  21. You got that right, bro. :P
  22. Thanks. But I wish I was a little more friendly.
  23. Thanks.
  24. Yeah! Thats' good or bad ? 
  25. No way! But thanks.
  26. Thanks, I guess.
  27. Yeah. Good or bad ? 
  28. Thanks.
  29. Thanks again.
So, in this brief feedback, one can know a lot about others. I came across a lot of things. I had predicted an empty paper to show on my face. But it was filled with mostly one thing - Be more Interactive. 

So, now it becomes my responsibility to keep up what's good in me. And I really really really really really need to work on the things that I need to improve.

And Thanks all, who wrote and gave your valuable suggestions and feedback. Somewhere down the lane, when we meet again, I may be a changed person and may meet with your expectations. 

36 comments:

  1. It's always so intriguing and even at times surprising to see what others think of you!

    Ajay, you're a very interesting guy I must say. How do you manage to keep the "Mr. Perfect" label while being so silent among everyone?

    Oh and, I noticed in the last line you mentioned following up with their expectations, don't do that! ☺ If you plan on changing, do it for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised myself.

      I have no idea myself. Actually there is a movie : Aarya 2 in which the hero pretends to be Perfect but he isn't that perfect. But people believe that he is perfect in all sense. And I just happened to have a similar hairstyle and also that I never bunked the classes in college and always wore formals at college and also punctual to the classes. So, people thought I was perfect in some sense that I don't know. And that name carried forward. And seriously, I aint that perfect.

      Thanks. Their feedback has been encouraging but still I just get to talk to people that often. And your advice sounds good. I will do it myself on my terms. :)

      Delete
    2. What can I do? He copied my hairstyle. :P

      Delete
    3. What can I say to that ? :P
      #DontKnowWhatToReply

      Delete
    4. played wid ur heart and got lost in da game...oh baby baby!

      Delete
    5. Dnt let the game get u....let it get da best of u :P

      Delete
    6. Let the game decide that. :P
      I am just playing by the rules.

      Delete
    7. just like constellations we fade...as blades of sunshine send the night away...
      by the rules I play :)

      Delete
    8. Wow. Thats' an excellent metaphor.
      WOW.
      By the rules I play... :)

      Delete
    9. I remember those lines frm a song by Adam Lambert!

      Delete
  2. You reply to everybody:)
    actually no one is dat smart neither do they hav excess mercurial energies to burn wen u talk. So talk to them, they usually wont think aything, and even if they wud, that wud only be positive.
    Remember always ur attitude will be reciprocated...if u talk wid an attitude that they are not listening or thinking u a fool, then that will be reflected and reciprocated...U are an intelligent person and u talk intelligent...take my word for it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. When they had taken their time for me, it becomes my responsibility to reply. But those are all anonymous feedback. I wish I knew who wrote exactly what. So that I can send them a msg over facebook.

      It has always been my feeling for the past six years. And I am trying to avoid thinking much to avoid such a situation.

      I will keep that in mind.
      I am ? Really ? Thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. "..U are an intelligent person and u talk intelligent...take my word for it.."
      Seconded!! :)

      Delete
    3. Come on Karthik.
      You know that's true at all. Not even the minutest possibility of such a thing.

      Delete
  3. and dnt thnak me again...lol plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already did. :P

      And thanks again. :)

      Delete
    2. U r welcome :# <--dis is a teeth gritting smiley

      Delete
    3. Haha. New one. That's cool. :)

      Delete
  4. Aww @ #10.Talk to people. You really talk good, if you talk.

    How sweet :P

    And yayyy for photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew who wrote that.
      I haven't talked to much people but I still can't figure out who found it good.

      And thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. Omg that's such an awesome feedback game! >.< A lot of people think you're Mr. Perfect. :D That's so awesome ^_^! I am gonna try this someday with my classmates to know what they think of me! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is an awesome game.

      Yeah. Don't believe it. Its just not that true.
      But still thanks. :)

      You should. It will be fun. Try it out. :)

      Delete
  6. see...making best use of everything that comes your way (in this case the feedback)...you proved it yet again...Mr.Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.
      You must be talking to yourself dude. Me? Mr. Perfect?
      Not a chance.
      But you should be knowing that people are sarcastically / mockingly calling me that. You got the real deal, right ?

      Delete
    2. No no. There is a lot more to Mr.Perfect than being the occasional Einstein. Infact i am far from perfect.

      You on the otherhand are the real deal!

      Delete
    3. Well, you are the occasional Einstein and Newton. What else does the world need ?
      Some more textbooks so that people could just kill themselves at the end of the day.

      You are the real deal. Accept the facts man. :P

      Delete
    4. Yeah yeah! I am still waiting for the Apple :P

      No no! This is the real fact!
      'Ajay-50 shades of the real deal!'

      Delete
    5. Apple will fall for sure and the world will be reborn again. #TrueStory

      LOL !
      'Ajay-50 Shades of real deal'? . Seem like you are reading too much. :P
      And thats' not true by the way.

      Delete
    6. Yeah. You seem to be too excited. I think it is mire like Karthik 50 Shades of real deal.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |