Thursday, November 21, 2013

Eventful Monday.


I walked down the lonely road. It was silent, calm and compelling. The quietness and the stillness was ecstatic.  The time was around 2 a.m. in the morning. And it was a Monday night, or we can safely say the earliest Tuesday. The previous day, Monday to be precise was a fun filled day. I have been in Bangalore for a little over a year and I haven't done much. I was literally "Jobless with a Job" for nearly six months and believe me, I didn't do a thing. I just ate, watched TV and slept. Then I got into a project which was going nowhere. It really didn't nowhere and was stopped short after making us work for nearly five months. Then again another month of Joblessness. And unfortunately this time, my joblessness was cut short when I got into a project. Lets keep aside my work for a moment and let me describe about the day.

10th November, Sunday 10.20 p.m.
My office is on the other side of Bangalore, literally. It is a journey of nearly one hour, provided the traffic is minimal. And when I say minimal, I mean zero. Yeah, right! That situation might never arise in Bangalore, ever unless it is 12 am or something. Did I forget to tell why am I writing all this? One of my colleague's marriage was scheduled on 11th November. So, we had planned to go for her marriage. But it was in a neighboring place around 300 kilometers(approx). The bus which was booked for transportation doesn't pass through my place. Like I said, I am on the other side of Bangalore. So, I had to go to friend's room so that I could board the bus at 4 a.m. in the morning. The marriage was scheduled at 10 a.m. and for that we had to start early. I along with my friend started off on his bike at 10:30 p.m. from my place. 

Monday, 4 : 30 a.m.
I am an insomniac, as everybody might already know. The problem being that if I were to sleep, I wouldn't wake up on time, no matter how many alarms I might use. So, staying up all night was not a big deal for me. My friend also stayed up as he also had the same problem, but that he wasn't an insomniac. We started getting ready by 3 a.m. I mean they started getting ready. I came ready from my room. We were supposed to start by 4 am but we were already late by 30 minutes. But we finally kicked off. 

Monday, 11:00 a.m.
With minor delays and waiting we finally started off by around half past six after picking up all the people. We stopped at a restaurant for breakfast. The people who didn't sleep last night were damn hungry along with the people who had a nice sound sleep. The breakfast was over and the bill was more than I normally pay for my lunch during the weekdays. And then the first photo-session began. It lasted for another twenty to thirty minutes. And we were back on the journey. Then again, we stopped short for another photo session. Now, from that place the destination was like 30 minutes away. But the driver knew the best to increase the kilometer count that he made that 30 minutes journey into a freaking one and a half hour long trip making us perfectly miss the marriage. The marriage was over. But there was reception back at 12 p.m. We atleast wanted to go to it on time. And then there was a call from a friend of mine at 12 p.m. He also wanted to come to the marriage. And he didn't even start yet. He was back in Bangalore. Now let me elaborate on this. Two days ahead of this plan to go the marriage, there was a plan to visit a nearby place the day before the marriage. It was planned. I had prepared myself for that. And then again, they called me back to tell that that plan was cancelled. Within a few hours, the plan was made and also the plan was cancelled. After this was cancelled, my friend whom I just mentioned who goes by the name Mr. P called me to to inquire about the plan as he was also interested in coming. I had told him that the plan was unexpectedly cancelled for reasons unknown. The next day he called to ask about the marriage trip. It seemed like he was willing to come. And then I called him back to check up whether he was coming or not, to which he replied he wasn't coming as he had some work pending back at office. But then again after we reached there two hours late, he again wanted to come. What the hell is wrong with this guy ? And he did come, but we were already on the way back, as in visiting the nearby places. 

The next part of the trip included Belmuri Falls and Brindavan Gardens. The former sounds like a water fall, may be small, but it isn't. It is just a small establishment after the big dam where the water just runs down slowly. And then there is this Brindavan Gardens which is awesome with all the lights in the fountain. But then again, time was of importance as some of the people (read : married people) wanted to go back as soon as possible. There was this musical shoe of fountain, which turned out to be crap with the regional songs playing in the background and so harmony in the movement of the water, whatsoever. 
If you are interested, you could check out some of the photos here : Ajay Kontham Photography














After this, we were back on our journey to Bangalore. By the time we reached the last stop, it was nearly 1 a.m. and by the time I reached my room, it was a little over 2 a.m. 

P.S. The story ended. I don't know why I uploaded the photos. I gave a link to the photos just because I was too lazy to upload. Well, you can still check those out, as I didn't upload them. 

6 comments:

  1. someone had a lot of fun huh! Mr. Photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think your blog is quite wonderful and therefore I bestow upon you the Liebster award!! Please go and claim it at- http://fancyawakenings.blogspot.in/2013/11/im-super-excited-about-this-one-because_2677.html
    Admiringly,
    Songbird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Congratulations.

      And thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting to read.Beautiful scenes in the pic.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |