Saturday, November 9, 2013

That thing called... Relationship.


So much has been said, so much has been done. Well, in my case so much has been dreamt/thought of, so little nothing has been done. In this day, we come across a grave problem as we slowly leap into the future. The problem, I say ! I will get to it. I am no expert in these things, but I could still articulate a few. So, if I may, I would like to continue with the topic for the day : Life as we see it. 

Don't get carried away by the name. It is just a small trick to get people's attention. I would have said that the topic to be "Sex and Relationships" . But then that would be a cheap trick, but I am not saying I won't be speaking about that either. I will. Well, there are a part of life whether we like it or not, are they not? So without much ado, let me get on with it then. 

Since my childhood, I have had this crush thing on one or the other opposite sex. But I haven't been able to do much about it. Nor have I now. But I don't blurt about it all the time. But there are people that do. Let me start by picking up on my friends. 

The Relationship Duo
When I was in school and when the time was right for most of those hormonal changes, it was the time when people start discovering the whole concept of blind love or its other names/ whatever you want to name them. Then there was the concept of crush. Which started off great turned out to be a fatal one. Let me explain. Suppose A has a crush on B, and C also has a crush on B, inspite of sorting it out with B, C would pick up in A ,and vice versa teasing each other denying the fact that they both really like the person. It was the time, when a smallest of the talk meant that the person in now the new scapegoat for a little while. And who does this? The person who has a crush on the same very person. Yeah, it's very confusing. I know ! I was among the few teasing others. You get the picture, right ? But I have never seen any of my friends being truly involved in a relationship since then. All we talk about is Only if we were that lucky or unlucky(the story of aftermath). Or is it that some of the folks are very good at deceiving their own friends. May be. 

The Wannabee 
Now, who doesn't want to have a have a girl by their side? Here who refers to boys. Well, unless you are otherwise! What's frustrating is when a guy complains about his relationship status to be single. But what more frustrating is when he complains about his appearance. So, there is this guy, Mr. S. He is not technically or even practically my roommate, but circumstances have compelled him to be. The cries he makes after coming from office are unbearable. I mean I stay in the other room and I can't hear his plight. Firstly, there is the problem of the receding hairline. He compares his hair with every single person whom he eyes and then cries about his hair. As a remedy to that, he spent around 25K bucks (Indian currency) on some kind of treatment which enables him to get his hair back in a matter of few months. Whats disappointing is that I find a Body Building Shampoo in the bathroom. I mean What the Hell ? WTH is Body Building Shampoo? No questions were asked as he was already in a sad state. Oh wait, the story isn't over! His cries have no bounds , my friends. There is this complexion thing. He isn't that fair. Another thing to cry about in his long list of cries. I say long list because he brings back to the room a lot of stories (which are depressing to him as some girl said something, did something, did not say something, did not do something). Whatever may be the reason, the brain does its job of perfectly questioning every entity of possibility. Another thing in his list is that another guy from my room is very fair, handsome indeed and more over had a huge bunch of think hair. The envy this guy has is stupid and sounds more girly to me. Well, I am not here to judge, whatsoever! Well, he is not the only one. There are people like him everywhere. I too am like him but only like a one percent. 

The Dreamer, the Scholar and  the Opportunist 
We all have our urges. And when we slowly grow up and those urges still remain unfulfilled, it doesn't feel right. And it hurts even more when the people all around us have achieved those a long back. If that isn't enough, they keep coming back mocking at us, teasing us about the very issue. We might not respond to it, as we still wait for that moment to pass, the moment of not these people bullying us, but the moment when all those are fulfilled. 

The other day, one such dreamer , Mr. P (if you remember from my previous posts) asks me a question on relationship. He was asking me as if I have a doctorate in it or if you think that too extreme, then as a person who have been successful in a relationship or as a matter of fact relationships. So, his inquisitiveness goes like this, "See, I want you tell me something. I haven't kissed a girl. And I am still a virgin. I really like one girl and I want to be with her for the rest of my life. But I still haven't talked to her yet. And there is another girl who is a very good friend of mine and well she has a boyfriend. But she is willing to do anything I ever wanted to do. So, should I fulfill my urges which have been taunting me like forever ? Or should I wait ? 
That wasn't a hard thing to answer. But before all this I did tell him that he was asking me as if I am an expert in this thing. As a matter of fact, I stand right beside you on those urges-thingy. But I tell him what I felt was right! I started by asking him whether that girl who was coming up to fulfill his desires was really into him as he said she already has a boyfriend! Or is that chemistry of who has a feeling for whom and what that feelings really hold are just not my plate, I guess. Because come on, if a girl has a boyfriend and is doing things like this with some other person is cheating. Or may be this very same guy is her boyfriend. I continued with my scholarly advice. If you really like a girl and that you want to be with her, then you should wait for her for the right moment. If you fall under pressure of some kind to fulfill your urges just because everybody you age have done that a long back isn't a good enough reason. So, finally my conclusion was that he should wait! He seemed to have agreed with me on that. 

After nearly less than a month, which was the day before yesterday, Mr.P now the opportunist, comes to me tell something that just happened. I don't know what to say to what he had told me then. So, I told a girl that I kissed a girl and that didn't mean anything. And she started scolding me for what I did saying that I am following the American lifestyle. And he continued blurting out his agony for roughly the next few hours. He kept saying that one should never have girlfriends. He kept telling that. We just nodded, but with a little bit of sarcasm and a little bit of empathy. Empathy ? I think I have to explain here. So, in his usual ranting he was telling about how his friends had belittled and made fun of him as he is still a virgin and that he hasn't kissed any girl. Are you people seriously looking at me now ? What ? What is it? Didn't I tell you that we were on the same level. So, you see. I am still the nice dude here. So, anyway, he continues saying that he had a lot of chances where he could have kissed a girl but he didn't and this one time he did, some other girl was scolding him for doing the same. I am along with other guy were explaining him about how we never got a chance to ..., leave aside that, no girl had ever approached us in our lives. And this guy, inspite of being among a lot many girls is stumbling over the matter of kissing one girl and telling about it to another girl. And his repeated his story again , and then again. 

P.S. So, I called myself scholar once in between. I was just referring to the synonymous of it not the actual word. Now who would believe that. I was about to write more about myself, but lets keep it for another day perhaps. One solid ranting is enough for a day, I suppose. 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say! I never imagined that such scenarios exist in your world. The body building shampoo part was really funny :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When now you know. The world is filled with such people.

      :)

      Delete
  2. "Since my childhood, I have had this crush thing on one or the other opposite sex. But I haven't been able to do much about it."
    I can't stop giggling...so you had mixed feelings on both sexes? In school girls and boys are on either side of the class so it must be hard for you to decide... ;)

    lmao...body building shampoo? so does this give some kind of scent that induces hormones to make your body more ...manly or what :P

    He told the other girl? He is an idiot! I dont have a gf but even i know how stupid that is! Dude this P has way lot to learn about women :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I mean one or the other girl, not girl or the boy!

      I have no idea. But it looks like shit.

      Haha, Yeah, he sure does.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |