Friday, May 14, 2010

One Night...


The daily blush of the routine, the sleep-full nights and the continuously running TV and my laptop and even my desktop. This was preceding daily until sometimes there arises daily current cut. So as a daily procedure, the power went off late night and I had to sleep with no other choice. I peeked through the window besides me trying to draw my name in the never ending plane of vast sky with stars being the points. And inside my room the silence was ruffled by the fan making a calm noise. Thanks to the Inverter to keep the fan running. Though the fan was running at its high speed, I was sweating. I was feeling the heat of the summer. The wind was hot and because of that the room too was hot. I suddenly get a call from my friend; a friend who calls when it was his need or needs a favour from anyone. I did not accept the call. As soon as I lay myself on my bed, I got a text message. A message from a renowned friend of mine (PNR). The message just gave me a shock, a sort of vibration, a chill in my spine. Suddenly the proposal of sleep clearly dissolved in the thin air. I could not feel the cool of the fan. My shirt got wet due to the sweat. Suddenly, my hands were shaking.

I immediately opened the internet browser in my phone, keeping aside the warning “LOW BATTERY”. But my bad, my cell phone went dead within seconds. Suddenly I changed the battery (My dad’s phone battery) and logged on to my college website. And the text message was “Results are out”. As I did not had the current, had to search to search the results on my phone. I was a bit shocked and on the verge of getting mad, but surely did control myself. I could not sleep any further. I tried sleeping, but could not. A sudden wave of relief went past me. Even after seeing my result, I was sweating. After a couple of minutes checking the results of my friends, the power was back. And At once I plunged into the computer and checked the results clearly. And there were people still awake at that time. One was the person who sent me that text. The only thing that I could do was thanking god.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |