Monday, March 15, 2010

Suspension

"Your class is suspended and no more classes will be conducted for your class from now onwards. You may leave the campus and do whatever you want to do".


23rd February, 2010,
Gitam University,
 Visakhapatnam.


                        I sure want to remember this date. So as my fellow mates too, I think. The above quoted sentence is not actually a quotation; rather it was a warning or a final verdict. We people were startled on hearing it as it came like sudden storm and we felt like we were wiped away by a strong sudden cyclone. I rather think many did not take this seriously. But there were people who did.


 It was 23rd of February and Monday. An earlier day, we had the fresher’s party. And next day in the class, it was going fine until someone put the picture of bunking. And most probable reason was that we had a class test and many did not prepare [I guess this was one of  the reason]. And many said they were tired. But as soon as a picture of bunking was kept before these people, they straight forwardly accepted without any denial, except for the CR [Class Representative]. And for me bunking was out of my question. But these people forced and lured me to bunk. After some serious discussions, CR was lured to bunk. As soon as he agreed to do so, everybody left at once. Some went to the movie and some stayed in the college at the ELRC like me (oh no study business, just to pass the time).


But next day, there was a sudden change of atmosphere in the class room. Suddenly the HOD, Director and some faculty members come to the class and warn us about bunking of the classes or rather the whole day (the previous day). And the CR was asked questions for which he could not reply as there were a junta of people who literally forced him to bunk the classes though he wasn’t interested in the first place.


So has happened and all went along the wrong path including me. So these people asked for a letter describing about the absence the previous day. They too knew that we all bunked the classes and so they intentionally asked for an individual explanation for being absent. So was the case when I fell in thinking of what to write. So I got along with a lie as many others did. None had a genuine reason as all had bunked intentionally. And there was a speculate that no one should ever mention about the “Fresher’s Party”. But we all got some; I mean many reasons for being absent (bunking).


Along the way we had no more classes until we had submitted a valid reason. So when went to submit the letters, the HOD and the Director knew that everyone was bluffing and each of us were trying to make the bluff a truth. Though some had succeeded in bluffing in which I too am counted. And many bluffs were rejected. And so it happened. And the lectures who had complained about this whole matter were all at high pitch as they are indeed lagging in completing the syllabus and more over because of this they again lost some classes.


So for now the matter is settled. Ask anyone to bunk the class now. The obvious response is “NO”. Then I must say you didn’t get the point. Some attitudes are difficult to change. Many haven’t taken this matter seriously and not to mention some did. I guess you remember that I said that that (this) day won’t be forgotten by many. But I guess I was wrong. Many sure did forget and many were not even affected nor bothered by it. So I am asking for the second time to bunk the class. So what do you think the response would be? Will let you know the next time this question arises. For now let us get ourselves some serious learning business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |