Friday, November 6, 2015

Steep slope

That steep slippery slope

Part 1 : It all began ... 
Part 2 : Insanity has a new meaning 
Part 3 : Sinking in (continued)

The anticipation to get the hell out was increasing with each passing day second. The 3 years of the Bangalore weather has made me intolerable to a little bit of change in temperature since the city has always been kind of cool and not so hot. And imagine a little bit more heat right after rains. What preposterousness was that ? As it turns out the seconds were going at hours pace. No kidding, I kept looking at the clock for the second hand to move and it took one hour to more one space ahead. I wish I had used this new found slowed time to get to know her, admire her. Only if I had taken that chance. If only. And then reality struck me, the work wasn't getting into my damn head. Not even a bit. Understanding the code was difficult as it is and there she was lingering in my mind, walking right beside me while I am trying very hard not to look and at the same time fighting to look. Ha, a battle of mind. Mind over matter or Matter over mind. Whatever.

As per the agreement, I was supposed to be on flight by the end of the month of August. I had already spent 2 years in the first two weeks of my stay. By the middle of August, I was told to extend. I protested. They put forth their argument, I put forth mine. But my argument had a very little or no weight at all. Eventually, I made to lose with the stubborn people. I was made to stay for 3 more weeks of the September month. 3 more weeks than the original plan. For me it looked like 3 more years. That day, I happened to notice my hair, which was surprisingly gray. A lot of gray hair. May be I am just another 40 year old in a 24 year old body. Now, I was conscious about my appearance and hair, because well, her.


At just the end of the mid August, I had to had a haircut, because of the unevenness and the stupid paths the hair was taking going in all directions and well hairfall. After spending a hefty sum of money, he makes me a clown of me with his hair styling tricks. No, I didn't ask for that look. And no this wasn't a magic show. He understood nothing of what I had said. And now, this(me) was the sad looking clown. It was stupid. So, I buy a pair of scissors and try to make it look presentable cursing the barber for his extra ordinary skills. As it turns out, the scissor was one screwed up shit. It wasn't even cutting the paper, let alone hair. The trouble that I had to go through for not looking like a clown. Eventually, everything failed. I had become what I had tried all that weekend to avoid. And the next weeks, the more painstaking trouble that I had to take to keep myself from being noticed. Ah, that struggle. 

________________


#NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) #Day6
NaBloPoMo November 2015


#Explore #Kolkata #KolkataDiaries #Work #Deputation #NewAssignment #newToTheCity #hairCut #Struggle #Flight #Nutcase #aDistantMemory #Day6

12 comments:

  1. You tried cutting your own hair? All because of a barber who messed up your hair? lol, you could have gone to another barber instead of wielding the weapon in your own hands! :p
    But then love makes you crazy now, doesn't it? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am mind blown. This was the wittiest comment ever.
      And I did go to another barber. The reason why I had to take matters into my own hands was office and I had no free time until next weekend. And all I was trying to do was look atleast presentable.

      Whoa whoa! Love ? Lol, I am the last person who would fall in love. #handsDown #wannaBet ?

      Delete
    2. Have you heard of something called hair-styling gel? You could have just gone for the Draco Malfoy look :p

      No. I would never ever bet on that. I would never bet on anyone telling me that they'd be the last person who'd fall in love. Love is not something you can bet on :/

      Delete
    3. Lol, you're telling me about gel. It was beyond saving madam ji. Like no force on earth could save it.

      Lol. I didn't ask you to berry on love, I asked you to bet on me whether I would fall in love or not.

      Delete
    4. Okay. Your hair. Your gel. You know what to do with it :p

      You'll fall in love. 100% guarantee.

      You're just too goat-headed to understand it now. :D #lmao

      Delete
    5. Yeah, I guess I do.

      Haha. That's what I said, I wouldn't. I would never. I'm not wired that way. #believeItOrNot

      Lol. What's your obsession with goat ? You do know the name calling could be mutual, just that I ain't doing that.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry but couldn't help chuckle at this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's ok. That was my intention anyway. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I do hope you want to sleep at nights, don't you ? :P

      Delete
  4. Hahaha. Though I have had some 'hair raising' issues because of crappy barbers, I have made sure never to try cutting my hair on my own :P. The results would surely be even more awful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have no idea. These barbers know nothing. Eventually, I have to take matters into my own hands. No, it doesn't look any prettier. Just that I blame someone else this time, me! :P

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |