Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Adieu.



"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
- Albert Einstein


I was just getting used to this number 2014 Twenty-fourteen and here I am rehearsing the new number 2015 Twenty-fifteen even before it has begun. Well, I like to keep myself updated, a little too early perhaps this time. I have read quite a few blogs where people have poured out their feelings for the amazing year that is just biding us farewell, while at the same time being hopeful with new aspirations in the new year and new beginnings of happiness and joy. *Touches wood* #FingersCrossed. I am with you on this and come on, who doesn't like happiness and joy. A lot has happened in the year and I am awestruck that I don't remember any of it. I always thought I had a good memory at least when it came to remembering the things other than studies. But looks like I am losing my touch. Well anyway, let me just bore you with my drama for the year. And mind you, I am not a good actor nor a good writer(*gets smacked in the head*).

Getting kicked by a Girl
It was a day after my birthday. I did not mention about it to any of my friends because I know what they would do and in the fear of that I kept it to myself. But it wasn't that hard for them to figure out. I unintentionally gave a clue and in that mistake came out the truth. I wasn't wished by any of them on my birthday, but the following day I had it coming. I was still kind of hopeful that I wasn't made out and acted so making a total fool of myself. You know the feeling when you lie to a person and the person knows that you are lying - That kind of fool I became. But, in a way I kind of deserved it. This was no fun, believe me. That was one of the birthday gifts that I ever got and hope that it is the last of its kind.

Cousin got married
After a near half year of torture from me, she finally got relieved leaving me no one to else to tease. She was on regular call with me every other week just talking about stuff called life and I was there every single time to remind her of the upcoming marriage and that fact that she hated that but kind of excited (which wasn't shown) made my task a lot easier. But all that fun ended in January when she got engaged and in February when she got married. And oh yeah, I was like the photographer and gave the offcial photographer a very hard time. 

Jobless with a Job!
So, the journey began again. Six months to the date, I was in a project and that was the longest I had been and then as fate might have it, I was left to the wild to chase some other prey, I mean project. But I was rather too adamant and reluctant as there was no harm in working for a few days or months, the money would still get credited at the end of the month. Though I could have made some productive use of the time and actually did something that mattered, rather than staring at the wall all day long. 

Another cousin's marriage.
Yes, there were a lot of marriages. Well, this was last in the family for this year. Now for last marriage I was appreciated for the messy long hair that I had by almost everyone in the family. One old guy whom I don't even know came up to me and said that he didn't recognize me (of course, he really didn't know me nor did I but he knew my mom) while suggesting me to get a hair trimmed. Yes, everybody loved my hair that they wanted a piece of it. Anyway, this time to avoid any such special appreciations, I had my hair cut 3 weeks before the actual day. As luck may have it, that barber took more than I bargained for making me look more dumber than I already was. 3 weeks later, that "effing" hair never grew a mm, resulting me to hide in the whole marriage. And this time none of my photography skills were presented. 

A hasty move.
As I was battling with boredom and nothing to work at, I finally caved in and decided to get on the next opportunity that presented itself. And it did in May as the promises seemed to be beneficial and the work was minimal. Only to find out that there was a lot in bargain which they failed to mention and to top it all, the promises were dismissed. Now that we were already in it, getting out of that mess was totally a nightmare. I actually had a few sleepless nights, thinking about the day and telling myself that only if I had thought it through. For the next 2 months, I shuttled the two corners of the Bangalore city just to get out of that false promised mess. And I did, but that was a nightmare for sure. 

Feeling Trapped.
I was already stuck in the labyrinth with no way to escape and on top of that I was the only guy in the group of ten. I was totally on the wrong side of the balance placing me in the visible limelight. It doesn't seem like much of a deal but it actually was, atleast for me. Imagine one guy and eleven girls, one is bound to feel trapped. I had a few hiccups but then more people joined and I was slowly off the hook. Thank God.

End Game.
I had to play bold. That decision two months back was eating my head, my patience. I had to put an end and I was willing to take all force with me. I wasn't scared of anything. The worst that could have happened was they telling me to quit. I called my mom and asked her if it was okay if I quit the job to which she said that she had no problem at all. I didn't had any problem with the work. In the contrary there was no work and along with it was extra pay. But they had made certain promises which they are denying it and that hit a nerve I never thought I had. I was this close to take it all the way up the chain, but they knew that they made a mistake and were willing to make amends. I was eventually let go. 

A Midnight Caller.
My phone never actually rings even though I change the ringtone every other day, well because that song was awesome. Anyway, I was just trying to get over my writer block and in the process I was brainstorming as my phone buzzed in the new ringtone for that week. The excitement that it being a girl just went down the drain. The caller was a dude(a blogger) with whom I stopped talking a few months back because he was being himself and kind of reckless in his thoughts who wanted to know about a girl (also a blogger) whom I came across around the same time as him. What surprised me was when he asked me about the private intimate questions about her to which I politely declined having any such knowledge. He was confused and unstable in his thoughts and as I thought we might be on good terms, he had to make that bad move. He called me once again a few minuted later I disconnected his call. And that was the last I heard of him. Now they both are happily in love. Yeah, I had the same question - Why the hell was I a part of this? 

A Rainy Trek.
We, as in the friends group were getting bored as we never had been out together in a long long time. So when there was a trek organized by a certain group at work, we just grabbed that opportunity as it came. It was one hell of an experience. It was rainy. It was slippery. It was congested. It was cold. It was windy. It was a near test of my stamina, which I thought I had in abundance but it was worse than I had imagined - I have no stamina at all, like NIL, Zero. Ten minutes into the trek and I badly wanted to get back to home. I did not write about it because every time I think about it, it just pains me. No not because of the near traumatic experience but my camera which got soaked even though it was rarely taken out resulting in making it a junk piece, literally. From that day whenever I see a camera, I just go "Damn! why would it happen to me?"

So far I have been going month-wise and looks like the train end here. The last three months of the year have been a fuzzy since I don't recollect a single thing that happened to me or around me. Oh yeah, there was a colleagues' marriage just this month. Apart from that, nothing. 

Have I done anything that would stand out in this year ? 
No.
Any milestones? Achievements?
Bleh! None.
Anything to strike off from the To-Do list?
Umm, No?
Is there any chance in the next year?
Oh yeah, absolutely. Optimism is all I have, even though I might not feel it.

Anyway, ince I am here blabbering about almost significant (or not) that happened this year let me extend by just a little bit - Friends and Blogging. I haven't been the best of the writers but there have been people who were there to help me through all this ordeal.

A few people who made a difference this year -

Aditya : This great singer is not only a great friend but just admires me for no apparent reason. He has a great voice and is a fun guy to hang out with. 

Rani : She is notably the only friend who reads my blog (I hope she still does). And I am eventually making her addicted to TV series. She is a child at heart and speaks her mind which I totally admire and on top of that she has a great sense of humour. She is awesome in her own way.

Vamsi : He is my old classmate who has a wicked humor and is always the victim of being teased ( the good-no harm kind of) and I always do that.

Sabarish : He is my lunch buddy and my former team mate/ team lead kind of. He is another fun guy to hang out with.

Arjun : Though he is a little elder to me he never makes you realize that age gap.

And I belong to the so called group of friends who go by the names Siva, Laks, Deepak, Sushma and Ramesh have been a part of my year. But lately the chemistry seems off. May be the reason could be associated with Laks getting married, Deepak moving to a new project and having office far from us and the love pair Sushma - Ramesh. This couple have changed as a lot over the months totally have totally stood out to amaze me in every wake. 

A few bloggers who made a difference and continue to do so - 


Red Handed : The first person that came to my mind. She is an amazing writer and what I love about her apart from her writing is the way she motivates. Every single time I post a write up belittling my writing skills or likewise, she makes me realize I am going about it the whole wrong way and not to down grade myself whatsoever. But then again, I hit that writer's block and I feel like venting about my incapability to pen down thoughts and what a drag I am as a blogger. Then again she makes me realize - "That is so right. Why the hell did I even write? Undo. Undo. Delete the damn post!".

Dhara : I was just reading her latest post titled "Mandatory post at year end" which made me realize that I haven't done anything remotely significant in this year. As a matter of fact, I didn't do a thing. So, her post was kind of a booster to do something this coming year. And here is another amazing blogger.

Mrs. K (Keirthana) : Well, she got married this year. So congratulations and if you are reading this - You owe me a party :P . Though she might be irregular at reading my posts ( and I can't blame her for my lame posts) she understands me even though we haven't actually met. So, I really appreciate her thoughts and opinions. And not to specifically mention, she is also an amazing writer. 

Wanderer : Her mind is simply amazing. And the way she writes is quite unique. Though I envy her (a bit for that amazing mind of hers) she does sometimes helps me get out of the writers' block. Yes, she is that good. And I recently observed that she has a lovely voice.

IQ : From now on, I would be calling her Didi. Well she did related me as talking like an annoying brother. She had been MIA for a long time, but I am hoping to see her write again, soon. And hoping that she reads mine too.

Now, I would go on about each and every blogger I came across and that would take days to complete. So, let me just add the names here. SoumyaThe Purple AssassinAathiraAkshithaThinkerAmrit SinhaBushra etc, etc, are a few amazing bloggers in their own unique way.
__________________________________

To summarize, I have outlived which I had never expected. Yeah, of course each year has its ups and downs, but at the end of the year I can just hope for better days to come with lessons learnt from the past. Anyway, my year end song or poem or rambling or whatever you may call it. It is kind of a ritual that I post the same thing every year, just like I use the same resolutions every year.

"
Past has taught Lessons.
Memories have brought Happiness.
  Time has taught Living.
Mistakes have brought Wisdom

Now, New is the Year.
New are the Aspirations and Dreams
Behold the Newness.
Step forward, Step Ahead.
Here it comes, yet another Glorious Year. 

Welcome it. 
With a Smile on your Face.
And Hope in the Heart. 

Cherish the Past.  
Replenish the Future. 
And Never Forget,
Live the Moment.  
"
_______________________________________

Anyway, Wishing you all a Happy and Prosperous New year. May this year bring you many good surprises, joy and happiness. 
Take Care and Have Fun.
_______________________________________

P.S. Are you alive or did I just your last day of the year?

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Ajay :) it's been another amazing year of blogging together and I'm sure 2015 will be likewise. Thank you for the special mention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I wish you the same. :)
      Yes, it has been and I hope so too.

      Well, I had to. That's the least I could do. :)

      Delete
    2. Loved that poem...written very well..your quite good at poetry too...:-P

      Amazing blogger..Akshitha..seriously?...thanks a lot boss...this goes to my "list of 2014 best compliments..:-P"

      Lot of experiences in the last 12 months..ahh..marriages...midnight callers...experiments with job..but I'm glad to know that 'you were & are optimistic"...I just hope that 2015 brings u all the joy, success, happiness..all the very best

      **HAVE A HAPPY VALA NEW YEAR**.
      :-P;-):-)

      Delete
    3. You are mocking me, right ?
      Yes. Of course. You read all my posts, almost. So that makes you amazing.

      Thank you. :)
      Happy New Year to you too. May it be filled with joy and happiness.
      Keep writing. Take care. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year to you too, AJ! And yes, Red is an amazing blogger. She sure knows to say the right thing at the right time :) Keep writing and thanks so much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Happy New Year to you too. :)

      Yes, she indeed is.
      Did I get your name right? I had a feeling that I might be wrong.

      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
    2. Almost. My name has two As in it ;) It's Aathira :D

      Delete
    3. Yeah. I just saw in someone else's comment feed. I'm sorry about that. Will change it right away.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful year of blogging ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! :)

      Happy New Year to you too and also have a wonderful year of blogging ahead. :D

      Delete
  4. Hey dude :)

    Happy new year and all that jazz.. Optimism is all I have... Wha! What a thought :) I was away on a vacation and just opened my reader and ploughing through all the posts to be read.

    2015 is the one for optimism, so go get it. Thanks for kindly mentioning me and yes I owe you a party :D Time seems to be flying and I never seem to have enough of it. Anyhoo, let me see if this year I get something out of it to host the party, :)

    Glad to read about your 2014.. Keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey.

      Thank you. And Happy New Year to you too. Well I'm glad you got the time to read my blog. Thank you.

      Yeah, similar thoughts. Yeah, I do. Yay. Party!! May be you are using ot precisely. Great, please do.

      Thank you. You too.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |