Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crazy thing on the internet.


I really don't understand the concept of auto-bots, but there are a few over the internet, I think we call them bots, where a website preferably sends or tries to access other sites leading to almost everything possible ranging from phishing to whatnot. So, to avoid all this there are security. And the very reason when one is trying to set up an account or do something online, it tells you confirm whether you are a human or not. Because these bots aren't programmed to read the captcha code or likewise. It is not like some alien is trying to set up an account or is in the process of sending a million bucks over the internet. No.

And when it comes to blogs, all the anonymous comments are nothing more than just these things. I have successfully allowed them to see my profile by publicizing too much all over the internet. The very reason for the tremendous page view even if most of the people in the follower list don't read my blog. Well, I have recently been able to minimize it, but I could be wrong. I don't know how they work. 


So, I have received things like those comments for quite some time. I have always wondered how do they even get into my site in the first place. Come on, it doesn't even end with ".blogspot.com" and to make it even frenzy I have put up my own name. Coming to the above comment, the first line had me. You could be joking, but beyond a limit of hilariousness is just not cool. Vinod, Indore? whoever that guy is! *Call Me* I have a lot to talk to you about. And about my blog giving interesting information? Just freaking hilarious. And it goes on. Well, this is just the one, there are a lot many like these. So, I just went and saw my spammed comments (all these comments were sent to spam folder) and it came to around 400 (round figure). I indeed am famous. Wait, Bob Marley Quotes? Seriously? Don't event think about clicking on that link. 

So, when a guy asked me why I keep the comment moderation, I have no other better reason to tell. But like always it is quite difficult to explain. The main reason why I enabled the comment moderation is because I wanted to keep a track of all the comments that I might receive, when I receive. I don't like to come to my blog every other minute and wait for someone to comment. And get disappointed when no one does. It is not a obsessive compulsive disorder, as you thought could be the reason! No. But if it makes you feel any better, you can assume that. Oh wait, you already did.

Did I mention about be being the famous guy? It gets interesting when I received this through a mail : 



Haha, funny that you mention it. Because the feeling's mutual. And this person is as random as it gets, another spam mail, of course. There was a small message also along with this about why and frankly speaking you don't want to know.

This is just crazy. Because for all this to work, someone somewhere has to initiate this right? The computer/internet just can't randomly write/create a bot and let it open in the internet. So, there is someone as equally crazy and jobless, needless I should say more. 

12 comments:

  1. So you now write a whole post just because I raise a random point? (~.^)
    O don't know about yours but I get an email everytime whenever someone leaves a comment on my blog. And it was not out of hostility man that I asked you that. Pure concern because when I had moderation enabled on my blog,so it used to drive me nuts. Waste of my time I concluded. As to you, it might be useful. Now what do you want me to do? Say sorry to you as well?
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't I was the only one who got that advice from you. Was I ?

      So do I. But you can control whoever comments on your blog.
      I didn't say anything about you being hostile. But, there is a well enough reason for what people do. So, keep that side open when you give an advice.

      See. That's what. You don't know my side of the story. Keep the thinking open as to what other people do when they do. That's all.

      Don't be such a child. I wasn't asking for anything dude.
      Chill dude. Not necessary. At all.

      Delete
  2. This whole thing sounds funny though a bit scary!
    Btw did u really receive that mail?!?!?
    Where are people heading to now dayz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary, huh?
      I don't think it is scary at all.

      Yeah. That's why I posted here. Why would I make that up?
      I wish I had any idea. :-/

      P.S. : I thought we were getting somewhere with the whole "unfair" thing (I hope you know) ! Guess, I was wrong. :-/

      Delete
    2. Scary as in the heights of idiocy has increased in this world!

      Ofcourse y wud u make itt up!

      Well tell me how I can b fair
      I dont even hav ur id

      Delete
    3. True that.

      I was just kidding. :-|

      Ah, right!
      I thought you got it yesterday.
      Which one do you prefer? Gmail? Yahoo?
      Btw one question : Are you sure about this?

      Delete
    4. I like gmail!
      I think this makes it evident that I am sure ;-)

      Delete
    5. Very well then. :)
      Gmail : ajayk91@gmail.com

      Delete
    6. Yeah, checked it, Ma'am. :D

      Delete
  3. Happened to so many of my posts :P I haven't kept comment moderation , but I make it a point to delete such comments, even though they clearly mention how much I have helped them :P *life saver-comment deleter* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it happens to all of us, bloggers especially! :P

      Ofcourse, everybody deletes it. :D
      Haha. lol.
      *Life saver-comment deleter* #Epic. :'D

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |