Thursday, February 23, 2012

Phew !

Phew ! At last. I got my passport. There were a lot of compilations before this which made me believe that it would rather take a lot more time than expected. There were some reasons which abide to the reason. But finally, I got it. Sounds like a little weird, though, for there was some things which were supposed to be met, but didn't! 


The sole reason for I being held at Hostel was for the Passport. My dad got it all figured out. Though, I completely hate the idea of Hostel, but what can I do when I am so much deliberately forced to do so. So, I joined the Hostel a year and a half ago. Was I excited? No, Damn hell NO. I hated the very idea of Hostel and I couldn't help it either. But for a Passport, one needs to stay at a place for over a year. I guess I had to wait. Before getting to hostel, I used to live in Private Hostels outside, but they were permanent, or lets say I didn't stay for over a year. So, this was the complication that forced me to. Last December, I applied for Passport. I went to a Broker for booking the date. I actually thought that the person would take care of everything. But No. The job was just to book the date for getting the documents verified. And it was scheduled to nearly fortnight counting from the day I applied. 


There was an address where I was supposed to be. But I quite well didn't know where it was. So, I Google-ed it using Google Maps and found some place which indicated that it was nearby. But later on that day, I found out that it wasn't there. Google Maps just screwed me up, I thought. I asked people nearby but they didn't seemed to know. I moved up and down and after a prolonged struggle for over an hour, I made it out. I was some 20 minutes late. And there was great ordeal after I entered and checking was done and it took nearly 2 hours, I guess.

Then there was the Officer to check the permanent address who appeared a month later. And a week later, to check my address. I did submit the required documents but there was still something missing. The proof of me with the permanent address, which I really didn't have and the same happened with the former person who went to check for the permanent address. He told me to get him the address by the end of the week. But I didn't, for I never had. So where was I supposed to get one. But last night I got a text message saying that the Passport has been dispatched. WHAT? I said to myself. Actually, a month earlier I got a text message saying that the online application for the passport will be deleted. I did try to apply for the Passport online which was a new procedure. But had taken a step down when I didn't understand how to proceed any further and also I didn't know what to do. So I left it as it was. But last night, It was weird. Today in the afternoon, when I get back to my hostel room the watchman says that there was a Postman. So when I went to collect it, it was a small rectangular parcel. But the postman demanded 50 rupees, for what I didn't understand for I was confused what the letter was. So I gave the money and opened it without a second delay. It was the Passport. I still don't understand How on earth did it get through to me. God Knows ! 



I called my Dad and reported the same. But he was still worried about the Photo. Seriously? The photo is all that matters ? That day I had a rough time finding the place and I was in no good position or say didn't know they would take a picture on me in such rhetorical state. But whateve' ! I got it. Still my dad says something about ECRN; some Emigration Check ... ! But I suppose there is still some time before I get that done which I have no idea how to get it done, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |